Yes, tourists to Argentina may extend their stay. You need to apply for your extended stay at the National Direction of Migration in Buenos Aires.

More info below:

TOURISTS: That foreigner who enters the country for the purpose of rest or recreation, with a period of admission authorized up to THREE (3) MONTHS EXTENDABLE FOR ANOTHER SIMILAR PERIOD."

  • "EXTENSION: It can be applied in the National Direction of Migration during the hours of opening from 08:00 a.m. to 02:00 p.m. hours, building number 4 section of extensions, or in the delegations and offices from the interior of the country.
    The requests for extension of residence, and the request for change of migratory category or subcategory must be carried out within
    SIXTY (60) days prior to the expiration of the temporary residence and within TEN (10) days prior to expiration of the transitional residence.

The foreigner who presents himself spontaneously and voluntarily within THIRTY (30) days of expiring the periods referred to in the previous section, will suffer a surcharge of FIFTY PERCENT (50%) of the amount of the tax established for the extension of residence or change of migratory category or subcategory procedures.


• Valid passport or valid Identity Card, Identity Card, National Identity Card or Immigration Card (Order Common Market Council –CMC 37/1) (MERCORSUR Members Countries and Associated Countries) 

• Renewal tax; MERCOSUR: $ 200. NO-MERCOSUR: $ 600. 

• Transitional residence in force * 

*In the event that the period of admission has expired, SUCH RESIDENCE MAY NOT BE EXTENDED, so in order to abandon the national territory, you should apply for an AUTHORIZATION FOR LEAVING."

Visit our website for more info: